Stage 5A – Advanced Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to undertake flux core arc welding process in accordance with AS/NZS 1554. This includes the preparation of material, selecting and setting up of welding equipment, advanced FCAW techniques, inspecting of welds and correction of faults, and maintaining welding records.
Participants wishing to undertake this course must:
- complete Stage 1 – Introduction to Welding, Stage 3 – Introduction to Advanced Welding, Stage 2B Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), and Stage 4D Advanced Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW) or
- demonstrate competence in the prerequisite units of competence through Recognition of Prior learning and Current Competence.
The course will cover:
- preparation of materials
- selecting and setting up the welding equipment
- carrying out advanced flux core arc welding (FCAW)
- inspecting for and correcting defects
- maintaining welding records
If you wish to be assessed for the manual metal arc welding units you will need to have completed or demonstrated competency in all units in complete Stage 1 – Introduction to Welding, Stage 3 – Introduction to Advanced Welding, Stage 2B Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), and Stage 4D Advanced Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW). Knowledge and skills are assessed throughout the course through a number of assessment methods including:
- written and verbal knowledge tests
- practical skill assessments
- workplace evidence