Stage 1 – Introduction to Welding
This course provides participants with the foundation knowledge and skills to undertake courses in welding. The units completed in this course form the prerequisites for more complex welding processes. Participants must either complete Stage 1 or demonstrate competence through Recognition of Prior Learning and Recognition of Current Competence before completing other stages.
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Statement of Attainment for the associated units of competence from the MEM05 Metal and Engineering Training Package.
The course will cover:
- safe welding practices
- applying quality systems and procedures to welding
- selecting welding processes
- engineering measurement techniques
- using hand held and power tools.
Knowledge and skills are assessed throughout the course through a number of assessment methods including:
- written and verbal knowledge tests
- practical skill assessments
- workplace evidence