Specialty Course in Heating and Thermal Cutting
This course covers with the knowledge and skills to perform manual heating, thermal cutting shaping and gouging tasks used in the assembly and disassembly of fabricated components. It includes working with ferrous, non-ferrous and non-metallic materials.
This course will also cover production of complex internal and external profiles, selecting consumables and the operation of equipment.
The course will cover:
- selection of settings and consumables and operation of the equipment
- manual heating techniques and processes
- thermal cutting techniques and processes
- gouging techniques and processes to produce complex internal and external profiles
- shaping techniques and process
- working with ferrous, non-ferrous and non-metalic materials
- assembly and disassembly of fabrication components and plant/equipment.
Knowledge and skills are assessed throughout the course through a number of assessment methods including:
- written and verbal knowledge tests
- practical skill assessments
- workplace evidence