Stage 4C – Advanced Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to undertake gas tungsten arc welding process in accordance with AS/NZS 1554. This includes the preparation of material, selecting and setting up of welding equipment, advanced GTAW techniques, inspecting of welds and correction of faults and the maintenance of welding records.
Participants wishing to undertake this course must:
- complete Stage 1 – Introduction to Welding and Stage 2C Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) or
- demonstrate competence in the prerequisite units of competence through Recognition of Prior learning and Current Competence.
The course will cover:
- preparation of materials
- selecting and setting up the welding equipment
- carrying out advanced gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW)
- inspecting for and correcting defects
- maintaining the weld records
If you wish to be assessed for the manual metal arc welding units you will need to have completed or demonstrated competency in all units in Stage 1 Introduction to Welding and Stage 2C Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW). Knowledge and skills are assessed throughout the course through a number of assessment methods including:
- written and verbal knowledge tests
- practical skill assessments
- workplace evidence